SOLIUS is a Class II medical device and is licensed by Health Canada. SOLIUS is not yet cleared by the FDA. SOLIUS is indicated for use for adults 18 years of age and older.
Do not use SOLIUS if you have any of the following contraindications:
- You have been diagnosed with UV light allergies (also known as “sun allergy”):
- Actinic prurigo (hereditary PMLE)
- Polymorphous light eruption (PMLE)
- Solar urticaria
You have been diagnosed with UV light sensitivities:
- Protoporphyria (EEP)
- UV-sensitive syndrome
- Photodermatitis Xeroderma pigmentosum (XP)
- Lupus erythematous
- Actinic dermatitis
SOLIUS is contraindicated for these conditions. In these cases exposure to UV light may cause severe harm and burn.
Consider consulting with your doctor prior to using SOLIUS if:
- You are unsure if you have one of the contraindicated conditions listed above
- You are taking any of the medications on this list that may make you more sensitive to UV exposure
- You've had recent UV exposure that may make you more sensitive to additional UV exposure
In these cases exposure to UV light may increase your chances of a burn.